You love your children, but your post-baby body—eh, not so much. The good news is you aren’t stuck with sagging breasts and a post-pregnancy muffin top forever. A Mommy Makeover can restore your body after pregnancy. Be the hottest mom on the block! But, what’s included in a mommy makeover?
The experiences of pregnancy, birth, and motherhood are challenging, rewarding, overwhelming at times, and transformative—in more ways than one. As you journey from the baby bump to the somewhat terrifying first ride home from the hospital, everything literally changes. Your heart changes, your priorities change, and your body really changes. Anyone who has been through it knows that having a baby will put your body through some remarkable damage before, during, and after your family brings home its newest little member.
For many women who struggle with their body image after their baby arrives, it can be frustrating when diet and exercise just don’t seem to get them back to their original shape. That’s because sagging skin, torn muscles, and shifting features aren’t always fixable with cardio and fewer carbs. At our plastic surgery practices in Huntersville and Charlotte, NC, we offer a package of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments we call the mommy makeover, put together specifically for moms who want to regain their self-confidence after having kids. Here’s a little about the mommy makeover, what’s included in a mommy makeover and some of our top reasons for why it’s so popular.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
Our own Dr. Bharti explains the Mommy Makeover, saying it is “any aesthetic procedure performed on a mother after childbirth to help restore her sense of confidence and physical beauty. This can be single procedures (like a breast augmentation) or multiple combination procedures (like a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, breast lift, & liposuction) custom-tailored for her specific needs.”
Your body is unique and the procedure lends itself to customization. We’ll work with you to create a one-of-a-kind plan that addresses your post-baby concerns and will ultimately determine what’s included in a mommy makeover specifically for you. Love your body again.
A mommy makeover is a custom treatment plan to help target the body’s areas that are most commonly affected after a woman has had children. Often, this includes procedures such as but not limited to:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
A mommy makeover is typically performed as an outpatient procedure, which allows you to recover comfortably at home.
What’s Included in a Mommy Makeover & What Procedures Should I Include in My Mommy Makeover?
Your Mommy Makeover will be customized to you. The best way to figure out what procedures to include is to think about your body. What do you want to change? Consider some of these popular choices:
- Breast Lift– Pregnancy can quickly turn perky breasts into saggy ones. A breast lift can restore a youthful shape and position to the breasts. This surgery can be performed on its own (if you’re happy with the amount of breast volume you have) or paired with breast augmentation (if you want to increase breast size).
- Breast Augmentation– Many women experience a loss of breast volume after pregnancy and breastfeeding. A breast augmentation using implants can restore this volume. During the surgery, we’ll place a saline or silicone implant into the breast (either over or under the pectoral muscle) to increase size and perfect shape.
- Tummy Tuck– Are you unable to restore a flat appearance to your abdominal area, even with a good diet and a lot of exercise? You might need a tummy tuck. The abdominal muscles can become separated after pregnancy. A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat and tightens loose abdominal muscles. Get your taut tummy back!
- Liposuction– Hormonal changes during pregnancy can lead to fat accumulation. Get rid of it with liposuction! This procedure can shape and contour the body.
- Labiaplasty– Have you experienced changes down there? Labiaplasty can rejuvenate the female genitalia and decrease discomfort. Talk to us about your areas of concern and we’ll provide customized advice. Don’t be embarrassed—we can help!
So, What Makes Mommy Makeovers So Popular?
To help you understand why the mommy makeover is becoming such a hot trend in plastic surgery, here are some of the top reasons we hear moms love it at our practice:
There Is No Age Limit for the Mommy Makeover
The mommy makeover is a relatively timeless procedure. You can get it done shortly after you’ve finished having kids, or years down the road, whenever it’s most convenient and comfortable in your life to do so.
It’s a Reward for One of the Hardest and Most Selfless Acts a Woman Can Perform
There’s nothing easy about giving birth and raising children. Sure, it’s awfully rewarding work, but it’s also one of the hardest things you can put your body and mind through. Many women see a mommy makeover as one of the most complete ways to treat themselves after having kids.
It Can Help You Feel Like a Woman Again
After having a baby or babies, there will be many times when you might not feel your usual, feminine, sexy self. A mommy makeover can be one of the driving forces that changes that feeling in your life and helps get you back to the body confidence you had before bringing new life into the world.
A Mommy Makeover Helps Restore and Rejuvenate Your Breasts
Youthful, perkier breasts are among the things many women have to part with when they decide to have children. However, a breast lift or breast augmentation during a mommy makeover can help you say hello to breasts that fit in better harmony with your new self.
Contact Us to Set Up the Perfect Mommy Makeover Treatment Plan?
Want to know about all the special ways we can cater to a mommy makeover treatment plan and what’s included in a mommy makeover that can get you looking and feeling your best ever? Please contact our plastic surgery practice if you have questions or want to schedule a consultation.
You can send us a message using our website or call HKB Cosmetic surgery at (704) 659-9000 for an appointment.