Are you considering liposuction Charlotte NC? If you want to refine your curves, reshape your body, and perfect your shape liposuction might be the treatment for you. To prepare you for your procedure we’ve created a list of liposuction preparation tips and do’s and don’ts we want every patient to know before liposuction.
Liposuction Preparation Tips
These tips combined with the personalized advice we’ll provide during your consultation, pre-op, and post-op care will help make your liposuction experience as comfortable and satisfying as possible.
- Do Ask Questions- Do you have questions about liposuction? Of course you do and we’re here to help. Make a list of questions you may have about the procedure, recovery, expected results, and anything else you might want to know. We are happy to answer your questions and give you some liposuction preparation tips so don’t be afraid to ask.
- Do Choose a Skilled Plastic Surgeon– Don’t trust just anyone with your liposuction. Choose a skilled, board certified plastic surgeon like those here at H/K/B Cosmetic Surgery + MedSpa. Do your research and choose your surgeon carefully. Make sure you see photos of your surgeon’s work to ensure that you’ll be happy with the types of results they produce.
- Do Use Liposuction Appropriately– Liposuction is an amazing procedure that can remove stubborn fat, reshape your body, and help you achieve your goals. It isn’t a weight loss technique or treatment for obesity. You may drop sizes after liposuction, that’s one its benefits, but weight loss shouldn’t be your primary motivation.
- Do Your Part to Maintain a Healthy Body– If you want the best possible results from your liposuction treatment, do your part. Eat a balanced diet, exercise, and live a healthy lifestyle. Bodies in good physical condition generally heal better from liposuction and your results can be lasting if you maintain your physical condition through good eating habits and exercise.
- Don’t Let Women Have All the Benefit– Liposuction isn’t just for women. It can transform men too. Many of our male patients like using liposuction to treat male breasts (gynecomastia) or to achieve sculpted, 6-pack abs through abdominal liposuction. Male or female, we are certain you’ll love the results liposuction can offer. Come see us and find out if liposuction can help you achieve your goals.
- Don’t Wait to Achieve the Body You Want– If you want to achieve a slimmer mid-section, more defined abs, or removed that excess fat in your chin, come in and find out about liposuction. You don’t have to slave away for hours at the gym hoping to one day achieve the body of your dreams. Liposuction can give you the jump start you need.
- Don’t Ignore Recovery Instructions– Although liposuction is considered safe and is performed thousands of times each year, it is still a surgical procedure. We’ll give you detailed instructions about how to properly rest and recover after surgery. Make sure that you follow them. Giving your body time to heal is important. We’ll carefully monitor you during recovery to ensure that you’re healing properly.
Liposuction is one of our most popular procedures, but there’s so much that people don’t know about this amazing and transformative procedure and even less about how to prepare for one, so we hope these liposuction preparation tips have been informative.
Think you know about liposuction? Chances are, you know less than you think. There are many liposuction myths, some of which you may have heard. Let’s send these myths packing … keep reading to have the top four liposuction myths debunked.
Liposuction Myth #1 – Liposuction Can’t Give You a Six Pack
Have you been working hard at the gym but find a six-pack to be ever-elusive? Liposuction can find that missing six-pack for you in just two hours. We can achieve a six-pack by performing a procedure known as abdominal liposuction with etching. If you can’t achieve the physique of your dreams, get a little help. Our male patients love this procedure!
And that’s not all – Liposuction works from HEAD to TOE! Where is your unwanted fat? Lipo is a whole-body treatment. Common areas for treatment include:
- Under the Chin/Neck
- Chest (men)
- Love Handles
Liposuction Myth #2 – There Is Only One Type of Liposuction
When it comes to liposuction, you’ve got variety. To ensure the best possible results for every patient, we offer many different types of liposuction treatments. Each has its unique benefits. Some of the liposuction treatments we offer at H/K/B Cosmetic Surgery + MedSpa include:
- SmartLipo – A type of laser-assisted liposuction, SmartLipo improves shape and contour while reducing downtime and scarring. Lose up to a dress size with only 2-3 days of recovery.
- Syringe Liposuction – If you only need a small amount of fat removed, the syringe liposuction method may work for you. This type of liposuction uses a syringe to suction out fat. Blood loss is minimal, recovery is typically quick, and the procedure is minimally invasive.
- Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction – In denser areas we often utilize ultrasonic assisted liposuction. Energy is used to emulsify fat which is then removed using power-assisted liposuction.
There are many types of liposuction … let us help you choose the right one!
Liposuction Myth #3 – You Wouldn’t Need Liposuction if You Exercised More
Liposuction isn’t an alternative to healthy eating and exercise but, rather, a complement to them. It removes the kind of stubborn fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, and contours the body so you can achieve your ideal shape. After liposuction removes your stubborn fat, it’s up to you to maintain your new look by eating right and exercising.
Liposuction isn’t a weight loss treatment, but it can make an excellent addition to your weight loss program. Drop the pounds and then use lipo to shape and refine those areas with stubborn fat. Pockets of unwanted fat often remain, even once you’ve hit your goal weight. Liposuction can remove this fat and create sleek, sexy curves after weight loss. If you have loose skin, SmartLipo can tighten skin and remove fat simultaneously.
For many patients, diet and exercise alone aren’t enough to shape and contour every trouble spot. Do your best and let liposuction make up the difference.
And dramatic results ARE possible! Liposuction might not be a weight loss treatment, but that doesn’t mean you won’t drop weight. We’ve seen patients drop 4-8 sizes (or more!) after liposuction. Imagine your goal pants feeling too loose!
Liposuction Myth #4 – Non-Surgical Options Are Just as Effective as Surgical Liposuction
The gold standard for fat removal is surgical liposuction. Yes, non-surgical options are available (we offer CoolSculpting) but, while effective, these treatments don’t offer the same level of results as liposuction (CoolSculpting can reduce the fat layer 20-40%). With surgical liposuction, your surgeon has complete control over the fat removal and can shape and contour as needed. CoolSculpting is a great option for slimming up before summer but, if you really want a dramatic transformation, surgical liposuction is one of your best options.
Now that you know the truth about liposuction and have some liposuction preparation tips, call and schedule an appointment at H/K/B Cosmetic Surgery + MedSpa. Discover your ideal body! Give us a call today 704-659-9000! Browse our liposuction before and after photos to see real client results.